Administration Vs. Liquidation
Most people identify Administration and Liquidation as different names for the same process.
As insolvency administrators and practitioners you know very well that, while both are formal insolvency procedures, there is a significant objective difference between the two.
- Administration is entered into with a goal to rescue the business and avoid insolvency.
- Liquidation is the method used to realize a company’s assets prior to closing it down.
The Rabin Alternative to Liquidation
If your primary objective is liquidation, we believe we are the right partner for you.
How can we assist you?
In a liquidation situation, Rabin can offer you several powerful alternatives that set us apart from most liquidators in Europe:
- Cash. Unlike most European auctioneers/liquidators that work for a commission and have no risk in the deal, we put our own capital at risk and buy the assets from the insolvency. This approach saves you time and effort, but more importantly, gives the creditors certainty regarding the value of their assets.
- Sector focus. While Rabin has sold equipment assets in every trade sector, we are truly known as global leaders in packaging and processing equipment with particular leadership in industries such as food, beverages, cosmetics, pharmaceutical, and mining. We believe our experience in these sectors is second to none, and would encourage you to reach out to us if you are liquidating assets in these categories.
- Real estate. Rabin has a real estate investment arm that invests in the repurpose and redevelopment of manufacturing facilities. Unlike most liquidators in Europe, our business model includes the purchase and resell of complete manufacturing facilities, often with the real estate included. If you are administering the closure of a manufacturing facility, we can offer you an attractive "package deal" that will include all machinery, equipment, and real estate in one transaction.
- International reach. Rabin has purchased and sold equipment assets on every continent, and conducted auctions in more than 30 different countries. Rabin prides itself on its ability to market deals anywhere in the world. We own an extensive proprietary list of international buyers, and have successfully worked with such global entities as Heinz, Nestle, General Mills and Leaf Cloetta.
- Complete facilities/minimum deal size. As leading industrial and commercial liquidators, Rabin typically purchases complete factories. Our minimum deal size is typically €750,000.
- Capital. We are one of the well-capitalized companies in our industry. We have the financial means, experience, and flexibility to take on a deal of any size and of any complexity.
Rabin is an international company that creates liquidity through innovative solutions. We specialize in complex manufacturing facilities with idle or marginally productive assets. Rabin’s operations include selling entire plants, multiple plant locations, or surplus individual items by auction or liquidation and much more. Past auctions include recognizable names such as Hostess, Braniff Airlines, Montgomery Ward, and the Railway Express Agency. Let us provide your business with valuations that are based on actual sales through our heavy equipment appraisal services.